Friday, February 02, 2007

This is Truth

My Child My Child
I have never let you go
I've proved my love to you
time and again
I'll do it again
You are worth the price I paid
and so much more
You don't deserve to believe
the lies you hear
You deserve my love
I am for you, not against you
My child, you are Mine
I am the Author of your Life
let me tell you a story
A tale of beauty, sacrifice and redemption
This is how it starts:
I, your Father, love you,
my beautiful child
A child who is growing into a beautiful bride
I have already begun to woo you
You've captured me
let me capture your heart
I'll put back the pieces and dry your tears
This is not who I meant you to be
I see only radiance
Can you not see it too?
Cast off the veil and behold
the beauty I created
which is Joanna Rose Metz
I created you just the way you are
and though lies have tried to steal
the beauty I made
they have been found lacking
Their slings and arrows cannot penetrate or tamper
with my truth that I've whispered to your heart
Your spirit remembers the words whispered,
"My Kingdom and my love and my work
is not complete
if I don't have you."
You are loved and are an integral part of me

February 1, 2007

1 comment:

Tiff said...

WOW!! Thats an AMAZING poem... Very...hmmm... indepth and totally the truth. This poem will be cherished by many, and they can put THEIR name where yours is to make it more personal for themselves. Thats awesome!