Saturday, September 20, 2008

Not Very Far

I went to a party looking for fun
People were dancing, smiling and laughing
He looked at me, smiled and came over my way
My heart started racing, what should I say?

I blushed, said hello and then took the cup
The twinkling eyes looked so genuine
He made me feel like a goddess with the lines that he gave
The hours flew by, but I didn't notice
My deam had come true, I'd gotten my wishes

He put down his cup and offered a ride
I would regret saying no I knew this for sure
I ignored the drinks, "It's not very far."

Screeching of tires, crunching metal
Pounding in my head like sixty drummers playing
Sirens blaring, what was happening?
I tried calling for help, but my voice wouldn't come

Waking up, beeping and phones ringing in the distance
"Not that far" I had thought in my heart
"What happened to him, is he okay?"
"He didn't make it, the alcohol was too much."

The choice is yours: to chance death or live
There are other options to keep you alive
So play it safe and designate the drive.

(Date unknown. 2004)

No comments: