Friday, January 12, 2007

Joy is a Bicycle

Oh, what to write?
The possibilities are endless,
yet something holds me back
Is it that I'm not used to writing joy
that I've been penning my depression
for so long, that it's all I know to write?
A pen and piece of paper gave me release
If I wrote about a feeling,
I no longer had to deal with it
Was my writing just another bottle
holding the pain, hurt and darkness?
I haven't stopped writing because I no longer feel,
but what I feel is easier to show
and I enjoy showing it, rather than only writing it
It is, I hope, written all over my face
I don't want to stop writing
it's come to be such a huge part of me
I guess I'm just stuck
in transition to finding a way to write
this feeling that feels so strange
I know I'll find a voce for this joy someday
it will be like riding a bike;
the first attempts can be a bit shaky
soon, I'll be riding like a pro

January 12, 2007

No comments: