Friday, January 19, 2007

Labyrinth

Little girl, where are you going?
Can you hear my voice anymore little girl?
Little girl, stop running
look up, I Am here with you.

You turn another corner
enticed by the neon signs and pretty music
Don't you see? They are drowning me out
making it harder for you to hear my voice.

Little girl, I hear your racing heart
fear not, rest in me and I will give you peace.
Little girl, don't wait for another dead end,
break down the walls and find your freedom.

You put up the walls to keep them out
so they couldn't hurt you, or break your dreams
The walls you've constructed
have separated you from me.

I've tried climbing your walls, little girl
but you just keep building them higher.
Little girl, the walls must come down now
break them down, before they break down you.

January 19, 2007

No comments: