Monday, January 01, 2007

To Die For

Come in, have a seat, I just made fresh buns
Oh, thanks, but I just ate and I'm not hungry
Do you want to come over, we'll order pizza
Sure, make it a large, I'm starving tonight!
Are you okay? You've been in there a long time
I'm fine, I think the pizza was bad or something

Let the food pass you by, and muffle your raging stomach
You know the next bite will cost more than you've got
Then again, eat it all, spare no crumb
Turn the water on, so they can't hear you gagging
The object of your affection is to be thin and pretty
Will you ever acheive a beauty to die for
Or die for the beauty you hunger?

This is not a game you play with casual whim
You feel in control, but are only being controlled by it
The outcome is uncertain, but the pain along the way
Makes you uncertain of which will come first,
Being starved for beauty, or robbed of what you have now?

January 1, 2007

No comments: