Monday, January 01, 2007

Broken Promises

I promise I won't drink tonight
but now I've lost count
I promise that I love you
but now I've lost us
Broken promises and broken hearts
I promise I'll call you tonight
but now I lost the time
I promise to make it up to you
but now I've lost faith
Broken promises and broken friends
I promise not to lie to you
but now I've lost my story
I promise its the truth this time
but now I've lost trust
Broken promises and broken lives

Promises are broken and it happens all the time
but things that break, can be mended
When you seem to lose everything,
remember you sill have us
We'll be here to support you
just like we've been before
One night of broken promises doesn't change our love
it is stronger than a few too many drinks
We're here to give you what you need
a shoulder to cry on, a number to call
Let us pick you up when you're down
our's is a friendship built strong to withstand the bumps in the road

I promise we love you tonight
and now I hope you know our love will never change
I promise you can call us tonight
and now I'll hold your hand again if you need me
Unbreakable friendship mends broken hearts

Dedicated to my friend, a cool guy with a lip ring. I love you too.

January 1, 2007

No comments: