Saturday, December 30, 2006

Battle of Two Minds

I am the problem you ignore
I will not go away
I am with you wherever you go
You cannot escape me
I have stayed quiet long enough
I will not be silent any more
I've been starving for your attention
You've been starving for my approval
I'm sick of being ignored by you
I need you to acknowledge me
I will break you apart if you don't set me free
You are stronger than all this I know
I may be out of sight to you, but
I am never off your mind
I have become the reflection you see in the mirror
You can't get through a day without me

You have altered my thoughts from good to worse
You alter my perception of self and beauty
You are in everything I see
I need to get over you
You break down walls built to keep you out
You pester me, begging for me to notice
You don't understand my reasonings for ignoring you
I will withstand the tests on my strength
You've done a good job of playing the silent game
You choose the most opportune moments to speak up
You know how to push me to starve myself
I am only starving to be rid of you
You don't know what a mess you've made
You've continued to silently scream over all the noise
You've set up camp and are refusing to budge
I must escape, or perish in the attempt

December 30, 2006

No comments: