Friday, December 08, 2006

Broken Silence

Hello cold silence
how are you this evening?
I see you've got nothing to say for yourself
so I will try and fill the void
I turn my music up and let it randomly play
I can hear the furnace bringing heat
Still nothing?
What is it that you try so hard to hide?
I'm sorry to intrude with clicking keys and melodies
but I'd like to talk to you
Are you there?
We used to get along so well
do you remember?
I do.
Now it seems that if left to ourselves for too long,
we'll spontaneously combust.
I hope the music is comforting, it helps me sometimes
Pardon me while I change the tune
What's that?
Yes, I remember, although I'd hoped you wouldn't bring that up again
It was a hard night for you too?
Then why didn't you speak up and rescue me?
I know I wasn't listening, but you could've tried harder
all I needed was for you to be there with me
to cry and scream together
I'm sorry silence,
I shouldn't have disturbed you
I didn't mean to break you.

December 8, 2006

No comments: