Sunday, December 17, 2006

"Just Jokes"

Everything is a joke to you isn't it?
I wonder if you'll ever realize it's not funny?
You're the only one laughing
Why do you try so hard to irritate us?
If all you want is to "get a rise" out of us,
that's all you're going to get
So don't get angry when we tell you it's not funny

How 'bout I tell you a joke for once
It may seem short but it's powerful
Do you want to hear it? Will you listen?
A dictator once tried to be a father
Forgetting to leave his work at the office,
he caused a civil war within his own home
He lost his family
but was happy with the "wealth" of power he'd gained
Too bad, he lost that too

I guess that wasn't a very funny joke
I just thought it'd be one you'd understand
What you don't realize is
there's only room for one Peter Pan in my life
Grow up, you're not him.

December 17, 2006

No comments: