Sunday, November 05, 2006

Trapped

I see a little girl trapped inside of you
The sadness in her eyes breaks my heart
I watch her and feel her pain
Dread her fears, see each tear

She tries to cry out, but I can’t hear what she’s saying
It’s getting harder to see her
The Darkness is closing in

Now, more than ever, I feel afraid
For her, for me
I wish I could save her
Hold her in my arms
The Darkness catches her and she is gone

A few days pass and I see her again
Broken.
Her face is hard to make out
As if the Darkness has become a part of her
I can hear her voice now
"Why do I grieve for something I never had?"

I reach out to her and can feel her touch
She feels so close
Something in her eyes is very familiar
Like I’ve seen them before
No! It can’t be!
I’m not touching her anymore
I realize I’m only hugging myself
Her eyes are mine
She is me

I am trapped.

October 14, 2005

No comments: