Sunday, November 05, 2006

Untitled

As time goes by I sit here
While others are sleeping, I’m still awake
Whether early or late depends on your perspective
For me it is neither, just an old habit that’s come back
To haunt me, maybe, or perhaps to make me stronger
Only time can tell the outcome of this mystery
And time, so innocent, seems akin to my enemy
Thoughts that keep going, leading closely after another
One doubt will pop in and the worrying begins
Satan taunted and prevailed for awhile
The more I seek and grow closer to Jesus, the harder he tries to catch me again
My peers have tested and tricked me many times
But the tricks of Satan can be beat with one name and a phrase:
"Jesus help me, I’ve fallen again.
Abba only Your love and Your mercy can pick me back up."


July 3, 2002 (2:23am)

No comments: